Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heather Bailey Pincushion

Heather Bailey pincushion

I fell in love with this pincushion when I first saw the pattern! Last fall I decided to tackle it. Chasing down the pattern was a challenge - it was on the Better Homes and Gardens website, but the sizing was all wrong. I found the original magazine that it was in, so I'd have the correct dimensions. The pincushion ended up being a bit challenging for a newbie sewer like me - although what I had the hardest time with was sewing that button through the pincushion! Even with a long needle and such.

Anyway, today I noticed that Heather Bailey has the tutorial available on her website (www.heatherbailey.typepad.com - I'd insert the text in html but blogger has decided to be cranky and not do that today) which reminded me I wanted to post my photo on my blog!

I absolutely love the retro fabric I chose for this, too. If anyone has any great tips for how to sew that button through the cushion easier, I might make another one.

No comments: